There are several optional and special pieces of uniform in addition to the essentials listed below, such as hats, coats and jumpers. When visiting other Scout locations souvenir woggles and badges can also be bought.
- Cub Jumper – this is where their badges go
- Cub Trousers or Shorts – are required for formal “full uniform” events and recommended on regular Wednesday evening meetings.
Optional extras for Cubs:
- Cub Polo Shirt – This is useful for wearing on hotter days.
- Camp Ponch Blanket or Camp Poncho – for keeping warm on camp evenings, and attaching your old or novelty badges to. (The Poncho Blanket drape
- Other Cub Items are available from the Scout Store.
If they are coming up from Beavers, they get a new (bigger) scarf and use some of the same badges from their Beaver Uniform otherwise they will be provided with a scarf and the necessary badges when at their investiture.
- Scout Shirt or Scout Shirt Blouse
- Trousers: Youth Activity Trousers or Girls Activity Trousers or Shorts
Optional extras for Scouts:
- Badge Blanket – for wearing on chilly camp evenings, and for attaching your old or novelty badges to.
- Other Scout Items
If they are coming up from Cubs, they use some of the same badges from their Cub Uniform otherwise they will be provided with a scarf and the necessary badges when at their investiture.